Thursday, March 8, 2012

EGGS


When I started this, I thought that the biggest hurdle in preparing food would be breakfast. I was not looking forward to being in the kitchen so early and having to take so much time making a home cooked meal...every morning!

The funny thing is that this has become the best part of my day! I love having all of my boys sitting at the table talking to me and cooking with me, I think this also has helped with them eating what I make because they helped in the process.

For breakfast we pretty much have only been eating eggs...it sounds boring but the boys really have been spoiled. This morning they had an asparagus, red onion, and orange bell pepper omelet (with fresh basil on top). The boys each had a huge man size portion, and they all gobbled it up! I loved hearing them tell me how good it was Paden even asked if I could make one just like it tomorrow!

Following the Paleo diet, I can make waffles and pancakes with either coconut flour or almond flour but i wanted to stay away from that for at least the first 30 days. I wanted the boys to get used to eating some type of eggs and not a sugary breakfast.

There were some left-over's so I warmed the rest up for myself for lunch and the boys ended up eating almost all of it...

I think it has been a success, they are egg lovers!
  

Kingston's favorite part was the asparagus, here he is picking it out of his omelet!

No comments:

Post a Comment