Saturday, March 3, 2012

My favorite

Growing up my favorite vegetable were brussel sprouts! I know, weird! My mom would always steam them and then put butter on top, so good. Lately I have been roasting almost all of our vegetables and today I put a little twist on the usual roasted brussel sprouts and added dried cherries! The dried cherries are a good addition, they are tart and sweet which goes perfectly with the bitterness of the brussel sprouts. Try it.

Preheat oven to 420
Cut brussel sprouts in half, lenthwish
drizzle evoo on top
salt and pepper
I also add a little cayenne
Bake until tender about 20 minutes
After it's done baking drizzle with more evoo and add dried cherries

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous.. I'm gonna try this tomorrow night! We just bought a BIG bag of brussels from Costco last night...whoop!

    ReplyDelete